Saturday 21 November 2009

Joby Gorillapod


I have a digital camera for about 3 years now, and I still haven't got a tripod. I just never saw one that would be worth buying. Until now! Here's a Gorillapod, a flexible tripod from a company called Joby.

This funny looking octopus with three legs (triapus?) might seem like a toy, but in fact it can grip on almost anything, thanks to multiple "joints" on its legs, which have rubbery rings and tips. There are several models for different weights of cameras. Some come with a bubble level, which can be really handy for professional use. The "Original" model designed for small and light cameras comes in seven different colors, and they do look cheerful. I've settled for a green one myself.

Gorillapods have been around for quite a while, but I have never seen one of those before. I think it's really clever and useful, and not expensive either, you can get the Original model for about $21. Plus to camera tripods, Joby makes similar tripods for handhelds (iPhone, cellphone, PDA, etc) called Gorillamobile, and a Gorillatorch - a flashlight on a same tripod, but with magnetic tips, so it can hang on to metal objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment